Thursday, January 28, 2010

Made it through!

LCpl Rhonald "Dain" Rairdan & LCpl Mirad Ragamov  

KIA 26 January 2005  Iraq
Well, our son's 5th Anniversary came & has past & here I am living to say "I made it through!". Of course, the true reason for making it through such a hard time is through the love of my husband, son, & all of my caring friends & family. I still become emotional, but it is less & less as time passes. I still become "Verklempt", when I recall Dain's laugh or his silly antics that were a constant in our lives.
I think of all the men that died that day with our son.  29 other men lost their lives.  29 other families know our sorrow in their own right.  I  think of them often.  They are from all different walks of life & all over the face of the country.  One thing bonds us all...our sons & husbands fought together & died together.  I pray that they all are finding their way in their recovery.
LIfe still goes on & time marches forward & so shall we.  Making a difference in someone's life...I'm trying to live by that. 
I miss you Pooh Bear!

No comments: