Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve 2010

Christmas Greetings!  Today is Christmas Eve 2010.  It is amazing that this day has arrived at our doorstep so quickly this year.  I've always loved the holidays until 5 years ago when our eldest son was killed in Iraq with 30 other men.  I have come a long way since that terrible moment in time, but there are still the hurdles of special occasions & the dreaded holidays.  This year, I have had a particularly difficult time prepping for the celebration of "Our Savior's" birth.  I started listening to Christmas music early in the season (Octoberish), yet, the path to being excited about the holiday has been ever elusive. 
There have been the gift giving exchanges & the Christmas cards signed, sealed, & delivered, but with little fanfare.  The Christmas baking was at a minimal with only a few selected recipes created to indulge in & share.  I just never found that "Christmas Spirit" this year.  I'm not giving up yet...it's only Christmas Eve.  LOL
Don't let your Christmas be bogged down with worry, doubt, & saddness.  There is still time to find the joy, the love, & "The Spirit".  I'm still looking!
Christmas wishes to you & yours!

1 comment:

Marilyn Musselwhite said...

Hi Kim,
I haven't heard from you in so long! Last night I could not sleep and suddenly thought of you. So I googled you and here you are. When I read your posts, I heard you voice. You are such a wonderful person. I miss you dearly. I hope you found some peace over Christmas. Myself, I turned to Christ and remembered the reason for the season. It truly is difficult to get in the spirit without the kids around. I even adopted a family. (that helped). I love you and miss you dearly. My email address is marilynmuss@ netscape.net. I am also on facebook. I would love to hear from you.