Friday, September 3, 2010

Spooky Halloween Creations

Smiling Jack  Retro Pillow

   Halloween is just around the corner (in the Crafting World).  It is one of my most favorite times of the year.  There are so many happy memories for me surrounding this fun holiday.  I know that many folks do not celebrate Halloween due to it's "Demonic" undertones.  For me this holiday brings back fun & happy memories of my Mother always having her special way of getting all five us, my brother, sisters, & myself dressed in home-made costumes,  creating our feast of the traditional "Chili Dogs" for our Trick or Treat dinner, & out the door for our frolicing Trick- or-Treating fun to beg & preform for our bags full of yummy candies.  What fun & what fond memories!  I wouldn't change a thing about those ghoulishly fun nights with my sisters & me running from house to house.  So, when this time of year approaches I dig up those precious memories that spur me into fun & festive creating to share & sell to my customers.
  This year so far, I have had a few inspiring creations that have made their way up to the shop at Alamo Craft Company.  Look for more to come!
Hexing Helga
Hand-made Paper Mache Headed Doll

Skeleton Sacks

1 comment:

Sassafras Hill Primitives said...

what cute little skellys! love them :-)